[Braindump] 5 Years Worth of Aggregate Affiliate Marketing Notes
Over the years I’ve kept a running log of notes from blogs, forums, or conversations I found useful or wrote to myself. It’s about 70,000 words in a word doc. 9,000 in a Workflowy list.
And I’ve distilled the most evergreen among them – about 2400 words – to share with you here, now.
(Where I have the source I’ve cited it – most of this is not my work. But I never took notes with the intention of republishing them so ¯_(ツ)_/¯. Apologies in advance.)
- Build a game plan and stick to it. Take action Every. Day. Your level of effort is almost directly proportional to your income. The more you work, the more you make.
- Learn by doing, not by reading.
- “Commit to making a certain number of campaigns a day. This self-corrects most issues. If you make 3-4 campaigns a day, there is a fair chance you will hit something and go big.” – Adam Bunch
- “It’s strictly a mix of taking action, working your ass off, and networking. That’s the recipe. Without getting too technical, thats really all you need to do.“
- Again – Just take action.
- *focus*. You’ll fail at it all until you become a pro at one thing. Don’t do anything else or you’ll spin your wheels.
- “The path from 5k/mo to 20-30/mo is much shorter than 0 to $500.” – @Smaxor
- If cashflow is an issue, get to weeklies as quickly as you can. Weeklies means you can reinvest profits on a weekly, rather than a monthly, basis – allows you to scale 4x faster.
- Must read 1: Charles Ngo’s Campaign Blueprint
- Must read 2: Lifecycle of an Internet Marketer
On Picking a Vertical/ Niche
- Someone is making the offer work or it wouldn’t be there. Your job is to find out who it is and to do a better job than them.
- Focus your efforts on a single vertical at first. Do your research but keep it concentrated.
- W ...